Good Afternoon all! I know, I know it has been a very very long time. But it is a new year in many senses and one of my new year’s resolutions was to be more active on my blogs… starting today. It is of course Meatless Monday, and in honor of the Chinese New Year and 2012 being the year of the dragon I would like to share with you my recipe for Dragon Tofu. I can not take credit for it as it comes from Food.com, however I can tell you that it is delicious!! I made it this past summer for my Harry Potter party and it was a huge hit. And it is kid friendly too. Just leave out the hot chili oil and serve rooster sauce on the side.
龍的快樂的一年大家 ！享受 ！
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces firm tofu , drained
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup cashews (optional) or 1/4 cup peanuts , coarsely chopped (optional)
- Whisk soy sauce into peanut butter in small bowl. Press tofu lightly between paper towels; cut into 3/4″ squares or triangles. Place in single layer in shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu; stir gently to coat all surfaces. Let stand at room teperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4″ thick slices; cut each slice into 2×1/4″ strips.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut and chili oils; heat until hot. Add garlic, zucchini and yellow squash; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture; cook 2 minutes or until tofu is heated through and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cashews if desired.